Friday 4 November 2011

the arrival

I fully regret putting off my work and not doing it sooner. But I just wanted to pop in and share a book I have been obsessing over for the last couple of weeks.

When I bought it for my course, this semester, I begrudged the money on a book I never thought I'd read again. It simply didn't appeal to me--it didn't excite or enthral or even, really, intrigue me. But my, it is beautiful. It is so incredibly skilful and artistic and emotional. And it will sit on my shelf, as one of my favourite books, for a very, very long time.





Did I mention that it's completely wordless?

Breathtaking. So absolutely breathtaking.

You can see more about it--including lots more of its illustrations!--here. And toward the bottom of the page there is a pretty brilliant and insightful article by its (very genius) author, Shaun Tan.

x


4 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea! The illustrations are just beautiful. I think I'll have to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love hearing about new books. i'll definitely have to try it out!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool! i have never seen a book like that. i will have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs words?! ha thanks for sharing...these are just beautiful illustrations!

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    Oh and come check out my fun HOBO wallet giveaway!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete