A couple of weeks ago I made a list of twenty things I am glad I did whilst I was twenty, and, inspired by Elsie's birthday lists, here is the list of things I want to do during my twenty-first year.
1. Visit four new cities
2. Move out
3. Watch Mad Men
4. Make a dress
5. Make a journal for my love
6. Complete a Sketchbook Project (if they run it for 2012---my 2011 attempt remains incomplete)
7. Finish a story
8. Get fit, get healthy*
9. Host a Murder Mystery party
10. Try out - and photograph - twelve new baking recipes
11. Learn calligraphy
12. Learn to knit
13. Three reads: The Golden Notebook, The Hobbit and Lady Chatterley’s Lover
14. Write five reviews for Penguin
15. Write an article - and have it published - in the university paper
16. Go for a bike ride
17. Decorate my doll’s house
18. Have a driving lesson
19. Stop worrying
20. Do something charitable
21. Have an old-fashioned picnic
Of course there are more--- things that will probably come and go, filter in, then out, of my life, but these---these are the ones I have wanted to do for a while. Some are little things; some are much bigger, much wider, much more consuming of my time and of effort.
I hope that during my twenty-first year, you will be here---if you'd like to be, of course. But more than that---more than anything, really---I hope that he is.
*This is something only I will know---in body and in mind. And maybe in the hill I couldn't quite climb in one go during my holiday---maybe that will show my progress, too.