Tuesday 2 August 2011

brown paper packages tied up with string

I got a pretty special package through the post today*.


It's a book. But before I unravelled that string and peeled off its paper, I didn't quite know what book it was.

You see, for the next eleven months, I'm getting a similar package posted to me on the first of every month. It's all courtesy of a bookshop based in Bath--Mr B's Emporium, should you want to look it up--and, more importantly, Arnold. (He might just be the greatest gift-giver of them all). A bibliotherapist was assigned to me and a secret list compiled and, well--this might just be the geekiest and the most exciting thing.

I am a very lucky girl.

This month's book was The Break, by Pietro Grossi. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

*I could not be more excited by--or in love with--that brown paper packaging and the wax seal.

**Oh, and just a little thing I stumbled across earlier. It brought even more of a smile.


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What a wonderful idea, you definitely have a keeper there :) And love the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool - I love the concept! :-)

    Yes, it will be exciting to see the skirt I ordered in real life - if it´s OK I suspect I´ll be ordering more since the style is great! :-)

    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I always appreciate that! :-)

    ReplyDelete