Wednesday 14 September 2011

august/september bakes


Amaretto Cupcakes, w/ Disaronno sponge and frosting.

This was my thirteenth new recipe of the year, marking off another little thing on the list. So few things are still checked off, right now--but the ones that are, feel good.

I've been watching a lot of the BBC's Great British Bake-Off, lately. So baked goods and the relaxation they bring has been, a lot, on my mind. So, too, has sewing. And crafting. And reading. And writing. (A lot less for the latter, it has to be said. The words are not coming as easily as they once did).

I've been feeling so much more productive. We both have, Arnold and I. Our focuses, in these past few weeks, have changed. I feel like we are making more and more of every minute, eager to learn and produce new things. It's a very, very therapeutic feeling (for me, at least) and one I'm cherishing.

I hope that when school starts again, I'll be feeling just as inspired, in and out of academia.

Speaking of goals, have you checked out The Violet's? They (The Violet) are posting a few new goals each week. And my, they feel inspiring.




2 comments:

  1. The cupcake looks delicious and I really like your list. I found your blog from the comment you left on The Violet and I'm so glad! I have White Teeth on my night stand and think I should probably start reading it because I see it listed in your literary loves. I'm also looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to host a bake-off in my house. so i can eat what everyone bakes. what a life.

    ReplyDelete