Monday 8 November 2010

confession

Today I have a little confession to make.

I am an English Literature undergrad incapable of writing a good essay. I cannot connect my points in the clever, coherent way I dreamed of. I cannot propose interesting and engaging points without faltering a little, without taking my reader on a wild goose chase.

Sometimes, quite often actually, I do not feel like I deserve my university place. Give it to someone else, I want to say. Someone who does not procrastinate, who cites as she writes and gets excited by whatever text she is handling.*

Sometimes my writing feels a little sloppy, a little uneducated, a little like a child's in an academic world.

And do you know what sucks? Grades count from now on. They do.

*Sometimes I get excited. Quite often, in fact. Then I execute it poorly and do not do it justice. Sometimes I am a little offender to the literary world.


1 comment:

  1. I hate it when grades matter.

    But I always remind my self that when i do something i like and maybe not doing great in its all for the LOVE of it!!
    as long as you have fun and unconditionally love what you do it will in time come to you.


    http://talkingchapattis.blogspot.com/2010/08/3-days-begin-now.html

    ReplyDelete